Elevating Home Decor: Elegant Ideas Using Luxurious Candles
Picking the right candles for your home
When deciding on what candles to use in your home think of the type of wax is used and how clean a burn the wick will give. Max Benjamin’s candles are 100% natural wax, and our wicks are made from cotton. These components ensure the longevity of your candle and the fragrance that will become renowned with your home.
Elevating Areas of the home
- Living room
Crafting a warm and inviting atmosphere with thoughtfully placed candles. Relaxing at the end of the day with the warm glow of your favorite scent dispersing around the room. With your candles displayed on your coffee table in the center of the room allowing the fragrance to travel evenly all around the room. The perfect fragrance for your living room area is our signature scent Italian Apothecary.
- Kitchen/ Dining room
Enhancing dining experiences with elegant candle arrangements. Whether you’re eating with your family or having a dinner party with several guests, you can create a cozy atmosphere in the kitchen or dining room with luxury candlelight. Candles can give the entire kitchen or dining area a warm glow. Even if they are not lit, they still make for lovely and charming décor. Candles with fruity and citrusy fragrances such as Lemongrass & Ginger or Grapefruit Shores are great for kitchens and dining areas since they can remind everyone that food is being cooked or served in these rooms. Candles with citrus scents can also help cut through unsavory smells in the kitchen and at the same time, introduce a refreshing and calming ambiance in the room.
Utilizing candles to infuse romance and relaxation into your bedrooms. Scented candles with floral fragrances can help create a more relaxing, serene, and comfortable ambiance in the bedroom like our French Linen Water or White Pomegranate scents. However, even if you don’t light them, they work great as décor pieces by simply placing two of Max Benjamin’s larger 3 wick candles on both bed side lockers. You can also place one or more lit candles in front of a mirror for added visual effects. With the reflected light, you will bathe the bedroom with a warm, glowing brightness.
Creating a spa-like ambiance through luxury candlelight during relaxing baths by using the right scented candles. Place some candles to the edge of the bathtub to create your own personal zen space. You can also bask in the warm glow of candlelight by placing them around your tub and in front of the mirrors. If you’re wondering which type of Max Benjamin fragrance works best for bathrooms, our True Lavender scent is the perfect relaxing aroma you need.
Candel Décor Ideas
- Table Centrepieces: Can be created by elegant candle arrangements. If you think your coffee and dining table, kitchen and living room and cabinets look bare, place some Max Benjamin 3 wick candles or several of our standard size candles on these fixtures. Making luxurious candles your centrepiece’s will make any table or furnishing stand out. When lit, they’ll introduce beautiful fragrances into your home that will help you feel more relaxed.
- Mantelpieces: Elevating the fireplace mantel with candles as a focal point, with Max Benjamin’s decorative candle designs with our grey smoked glass vessels blend in with your other décor pieces perfectly. Which makes for cozy evenings at home, in front of the roaring fire.
- Window Nooks: Utilizing windowsills for creating serene candle setups is a great way of displaying decorative candle designs inwards in the home as well as outwards. Especially if you have a window bay seating area it creates a cozy, inviting space.
- Shelf Display: Incorporating candles into bookshelves and wall-mounted displays. You can group them together and place them on bare shelves or spaces. Our vessels help in keeping with your home décor and will blend in well with any stack of books or colourway you have displayed on your shelves.
Safety and Maintenance of your candles
- When lighting your candle for the first time, always let it burn until the first layer of wax is fully melted, and the pool of wax reaches the glass. This will ensure a more even burn.
- Keep the wick trimmed to the length it was when new.
- Do not burn for more than four hours at a time.
- When the candle is lit do not touch the glass, leave it unattended in a draught or near any fabrics, curtains, or flammable objects. Keep out of reach from children.
Using scented candles as part of your home décor is not only great for their fragrance but for the look and feel it gives to a home or space can put you in a relaxed state of mind instantly. There are endless possibilities that you can create using elegant candle arrangements in your home.