Upcycling InspoMax Benjamin
Reuse, recycle, refill. We are trying to use these three words in our homes more and more and we hope these tips can inspire you to join the uplcycling revolution.
All you need to begin is some used candles and as our candles are made with 100% natural wax, it makes this process easy.
- First up you need to remove the old wax and there are two ways to do this:
- Put the candles in the freezer for 3-4 hours, once frozen take a teaspoon and push down until old wax pops out.
- Add boiling water and leave overnight and the next morning scoop the wax out that has risen to the top.
- Wash the empties out in hot soapy water & dry fully.
- Now let the upcycling commence. Simply plant your favourite fresh herbs or if you’re not so green fingered buy them fresh from the supermarket, add some water in the bottom and create your own mini herb garden.
- Use the old wax as a wax melt in your wax burner.
- Use as containers to hold fresh flowers, make-up brushes, matches or even on your desk as a pen holder!
- Don’t worry if this all seems too much you can also buy candle refills in your favourite scent on our website!